How can I make my life simpler?
Over the past couple of years, I have grown to appreciate the question and answer platform Quora. I find it fascinating to be able to learn so much from so many knowledgeable people. This question “How can I make my life simpler?” and the answer Garrick Saito provided is amazing, I had to share. You can find the original question and different answers here. I hope this helps.
- Ask for help
- Carry less stuff in your pockets/purse
- Clean out your house, purge your belongings of anything you haven’t used in five years
- Eliminate clutter on your desk
- Eliminate time wasting activities
- Eliminate two things for every new thing you acquire
- Hire some help, housekeeper, gardener, etc.
- If something can be done in two minutes, do it right now.
- Know your limitations
- Learn to identify and toss junk mail before it even gets to your desk
- Learn to say no
- Let go of perfectionism
- Let go of the past
- Live frugally, want less
- Limit time you spend on any given activity (TV, media, Internet)
- Move closer to work
- Sever unhealthy relationships
- Simplify your financial life and consolidate debt
- Simplify your online life
- Tell the truth
- Turn off your smart phone (it’s really smart how to chew up your time)
Photo Credit: naturephotoblog.com