My November 2015 Monthly Income Report
Let me start by saying that November was super hard on me, damn! Up until about a week ago I was struggling- then just like that things turned around.
Did I mention that I woke up one morning to find my power shut off? This is the second time this has happened to me this year, the first time was in July- yeah it was that bad.
Fortunately, things (eventually) turned around and I could actually do the #shmoney dance (for those of you who didn’t catch the reference a few lines ago- here you go.
I generated a total of $10,078.31 this resulted to a 47% growth from October (or 33% net growth).
As you’ll see below, I tried out a new (but obvious) platform that I had (just like Amazon) not paid much attention to. My intention was not to make any money but to liquidate merchandise that I couldn’t sell on Amazon so that my living room can stop looking like a mad man’s house with boxes everywhere.
I planned on sharing more on this last month but due to #thestruggle, I wasn’t able to blog as much.
I have a lot more to say, but I know you’re here for the numbers so here you go…
|Digital Services||$3,547.72 (+62%)|
|AdSense Revenue from Niche Sites (screenshot)||$84.58 (-16%)|
|Dating Website Membership Fees||$79.84 (+29%)|
|Room Rental Income||$945.00 (+35%)|
|$5K Amazon Business System (screenshot)||$299.90 (-84%)|
|Alex & Pike (screenshot)||$180.87 (+13%)|
|eBay (NEW!) (screenshot)||$4,101.65 (+410165%)|
|Craigslist (NEW!)||$400.00 (+400%)|
November’s Gross Income
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Shopify Store Subscription||$29.00|
|Shipping & Handling + Shipping Supplies||$847.77|
|Landing Page + Analytics||$57.00|
November’s Estimated Expenses
Net Income (estimated): $7,365.35 (+33%)
#1 There’s Highs & Lows, Embrace Them: If there’s something that I’ve learned is that in business, there’s always going to be highs and lows- none of which are permanent so you might as well enjoy them while they last.
With how tough things got in November, I almost forgot this but I had to consciously remind myself “dude, you’ve seen this movie 100 times, you know how it ends.” Just like October, I got creative again. Of course, the prayers helped a ton.
I am aware that not all my readers are believers but let me take a quick sec to acknowledge the power of God in both my personal and professional life. I strongly believe that without God, I wouldn’t be where I am right now.
You see, you can do everything you’re supposed to do- and do it right too, but there are so many other variables that are out of your control that only a higher power can get under control for you. Know who to rely on.
I’ll leave it at that.
#2 Keep Exploring: As you can see,there’s two new income streams that I added in November. eBay is something I’d known about and used (mostly to buy) stuff since back in 2006. I never really took seriously but I’m glad I decided to explore it one more time.
I also started posting stuff on Craigslist, you might not have it in your local area but I’m sure there’s possibly an equivalent. For those who don’t know, Craigslist is an online classified ads website that works really well here in the US. There’s other alternatives like Backapage, Hoobly, Adoos, Pawngo, Recycler, Oodle and of course eBay Classifieds.
My plan is to check each one of these out one by one and see if anything good comes out of it. As always, I’ll share my experience with you.
There’s also a ton of mobile apps for this kind of thing too, just search the app/play stores.
#3 Stay Focused: If you noticed, my Amazon income was pretty bad. This is because I decided to focus on only selling my private label products. The little bit you see if from dropshipping here and there via Amazon (oh the temptations) and a sale or two here and there for the PL products. Based on previous experience, I know it’s just a matter of time before things start popping off. So I’ll resist the temptation of reselling and continue focusing on PL.
As mentioned last month, I launched a few PL products- some I’ve quickly realized are failures but one has potential- more on this later.
I’d also like to review the goals I set last month to see how well I did;
- Getting healthier: I’ve been working less, sleeping more, and getting out more. I’d say I’m a lot healthier than I was in Oct. I still need to exercise more.
- Contribute to the success of members of Tim’s 30 Streams Elite: One member is already making money, most the others are literally on the verge. I’ll report more on this on the next report.
- Maintaining my $100/mo AdSense Goal: I failed on this, my revenue dropped by 16% for two reasons; a) One of my sites was hacked b) One site’s domain expired and I didn’t notice until days later- huge blow. I need to be more careful on both of these issues.
- Continue growing Alex & Pike: I put in a max of 2 hrs and still experienced a 13% growth. As of today, I’ve ordered some more inventory that I hope to sell well.
- Increase my rental income: 100% success rate. I have a new roommate and my rental income has gone up 35%.
- Put out more YouTube videos (please subscribe): 50% fail. Although I didn’t personally put out any new videos for the public, I did one for our private group and also had a 2-part interview with Sheila or Push Factor that you can watch here.
- Explore & test new income stream ideas: 100% done. I explored and launched 4 income streams (2 you see above on my report, the other 2 are partnerships that I can’t disclose details about just yet 🙂 ) Hopefully soon though!
I’ve started two partnerships that I’m super excited about. I’ll continue working on those and share more as things progress. I’m still learning a ton of things on the Private Label front and as soon as I start seeing some results, I’ll start sharing so you can benefit from it.
I’ll probably put together a business system like the Amazon one or an equivalent. I’ll also start sharing what I’m learning from my experience on eBay.
Here are my goals this month;
- Getting healthier.
- Volunteer & Touch Someone’s Life.
- Contribute to the success of members of Tim’s 30 Streams Elite.
- Get my AdSense revenue back to $100/mo.
- Continue growing Alex & Pike.
- Crack the Private Label code.
- Launch New Income Streams with New Partners.
This has to be the longest report I’ve written so far, If you’ve made it this far, you should be proud of yourself just like this puppy.
Thank you for reading, until next month, stream on!